Rights of Cooperative Members
- Own and control their cooperative.
- Elect and remove members of the Board of Directors.
- Adopt and Amend By-Laws.
- Require Officers, Directors and other employee to comply the Law, Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws and Rules of the NEA.
- Hold Cooperative Officials and Manager liable for losses incurred by the cooperative because of mismanagement.
- Examine the Cooperative books of record and its property.
- Expect and receive quality service from the cooperative.
Responsibilities of Cooperative Members
- Select the most able and best qualified members to serve on the board of Directors.
- Develop substantial understanding.
- Concept and Articles of Incorporation.
- Coop By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation.
- Objectives, Goals and Policies of the Cooperative.
- Organization setup and unit functions of the Cooperative.
- Major business transaction of the Cooperative.
- Salient provisions of R.A. 6038 that must affect their cooperative’s development.